New Jersey was the third state to join the Union on December 18, 1787. It is located in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeastern regions of the nation. Trenton is the capital city of the state while the largest and most populous city is Newark. The state is also known as the Garden State. Moreover, the motto of the state is Liberty and Prosperity.
Furthermore, 15.7 percent of the total area (22,591.38 square kilometers) of the state is covered with water. In addition, the state is home to the largest seaport in the U.S and the world’s longest boardwalk. Learn more about the state in these 60+ New Jersey Trivia questions we have collected for you and arranged in the easiest way.
New Jersey Trivia Questions
1. In which region of the U.S, the state of New Jersey is located?
2. What is the state capital of New Jersey?
3. Which is the most populous city in the state?
4. What is the nickname of the state?
5. What is the motto of New Jersey?
6. What was the name of the state before statehood?
7. When did the state get admitted to the Union?
8. What is the rank of the state to join the Union?
9. Which is the largest metro in the state?
10. Which is the largest city in New Jersey?
11. How much is the total area of the state?
12. What percent of the total area is covered with water?
13. What is the rank of the state based on the area?
14. Which is the highest elevation point in New Jersey?
15. What is the rank of the state based on population?
New Jersey Trivia Facts
16. What is the rank of the state according to population density?
17. What is the official language of the state?
18. Which language is mostly spoken in the state?
19. What are other languages used in the state?
20. What is the state animal of New Jersey?
21. What is New Jersey’s state university?
22. What is the state song of New Jersey?
23. What percent of New Jersey’s population lives in an urban area?
24. How are the counties of New Jersey classified?
25. Which state has the most diners in the world?
26. Which state has the most shopping malls in one area around the world?
27. How many shopping malls are there in an area?
28. New Jersey is the largest producer of what among the U.S states?
29. Where is the largest seaport in the U.S?
30. Where is the world’s longest boardwalk?
New Jersey State Trivia
31. Where was the first Indian reservation?
32. What is the thing offered only in New Jersey’s public schools among the U.S states?
33. Where the first baseball game was played?
34. Which is the second largest industry in New Jersey?
35. How many counties are there in New Jersey?
36. What is the state bug of New Jersey?
37. What is New Jersey’s state seashell?
38. Which is the oldest seaside resort in the United State?
39. In which state of the U.S most battles were fought during the Revolutionary War?
40. Which inventor’s lab was in Menlo Park, New Jersey?
New Jersey Trivia and Fun Facts
41. Where is the world’s largest water tower?
42. Which is the state flower of New Jersey?
43. Which state was the first to sign the Bill of Rights?
44. When did Cheerleading start?
45. Where does it start?
46. What is the state dance of New Jersey?
47. In which city cars are more stolen than in any other city in the U.S?
48. Which city of the U.S is home to a volcano?
49. The street names for the game Monopoly come from which city?
50. Where did the first Drive-In movie theater open?
New Jersey Geography Trivia
51. How many companies related to software are there in New Jersey?
52. What part of the Statue of Liberty situated in New York belongs to New Jersey?
53. In which city of New Jersey the famous duel between Aaron Burr and Alexander Hamilton took place?
54. When did the duel take place?
55. How many of the eight cast members of Jersey Shore’s belonged to New Jersey?
56. New Jersey owes much of its cuisine to whom?
57. Which president was shot twice by an assassin in Washington D. C.?
58. What is New Jersey’s state dinosaur?
59. What percent of the state area is covered with forest?
60. What is the Jersey Devil?
Also, read these 60+ Most Interesting Colorado Trivia Questions You Must Read.