The United States of America (U.S.A) is usually known as the United States (U.S) having 50 states. The country is the third or fourth-largest country in the world. Do you want to know more facts about the country? Its historical and geographical structure? Then we provide you a number of comprehensive, simple and interesting U.S Trivia Questions and Answers. In this post, there are 50+ U.S trivia questions and answers about the history, geography, and media of the country.
US Trivia Questions
1. How many states are there in the United States?
2. How much is the total area of the country?
3. On which position the U.S stands in the list of largest countries in the world?
4. Which country is slightly smaller than the entire continent of Europe?
5. How much is the population of the United States?
6. With respect to population the U.S is on which number?
7. What is the capital of the United States?
8. Which is the most populous city of the country?
9. Which three colors are there in the flag of U.S?
10. When did the European colonization begin?
11. From where the first inhabitant of North America migrated?
12. On which way the inhabitant came?
13. After crossing the land bridge toward which the first Americans moved?
14. When did the Colvis culture appeared in America?
15. What does the Clovis culture represent?
Want to know about Disney princess?: 55+ christmas trivia quizes[Most Popular]
American History Trivia Questions and Answers
16. From where the first inhabitant of North America migrated?
17. On which way the inhabitant came?
18. After crossing the land bridge toward which the first Americans moved?
19. When did the Colvis culture appeared in America?
20. What does the Colvis culture represent?
21. Which factors led to the American Civil War?
22. Who was the first elected president from the anti-slavery Republic Part?
23. When the Union won war against the Confederate States of America?
24. According to the Union’s viewpoint, what was the main purpose of the war?
25. How many amendments were made in the constitution of the United States after the war?
26. What were the thirteenth and fourteenth amendments was about?
27. What does the fifteenth amendment states?
28. What became the goal of the Republicans in the federal government?
29. Who calls themselves “Redeemers”?
30. What leads to the spur in economic growth and development of the American Old West?
United States Geography Trivia Questions and Answers
31. What is the land area of the entire United States?
32. Which is the largest state in the United States?
33. What is the area of the state of Hawaii?
34. The Appalachian mountain, divides the eastern seaboard from which two regions?
35. Which is the world’s longest river system?
36. What is the height of the Rocky Mountains in Colorado?
37. Which is the highest peak in the country?
38. Which is the largest volcano in the continent?
39. Which country has most ecoregions out of any country?
40. What is the type of climate in the Great Basin?
Funny American Quiz
41. Which country’s Supreme Court has a Basket Ball court on its floor?
42. What is “hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia”?
43. Who created the invisible artwork that was paid $10,000?
44. In 2015 who was selected as the mayor in the small town of the United States Dorset?
45. What was the real name of the Cookie Monster?
46. Which American town has a population of only one person?
47. Which U.S president thought it was hilarious to push the emergency button on his desk and then hide when the Secret Service came running?
48. In 2012, a man wore 60 shirts and 9 pairs of the jean to avoid the extra luggage fee and travels from?
49. What is the name of the bridge for squirrels in Washington?
50. A computer programmer hired a woman at 8$ per hour to slap him whenever he uses Facebook during working hours, what is his name?
Want to know about Disney princess?: 60+ travel trivia questions and answers
Hard American Trivia Questions and Answers
51. How much is the United States energy market size?
52. Where is the world’s longest Highway system?
53. What is the share of mass transit in total U.S work trips?
54. How many U.S citizens won the Noble Prize in Literature?
55. Where the first commercial motion picture exhibition was given?
56. What have the Acts resulted in this movement?
57. How long was the Vietnam war between Southern and Northern Vietnam?
58. Which region won the war?
59. What was the Apollo-11 mission?
60. When did the terrorists attack the United States?
61. When the United States started the war in Afghanistan?
62. On March 20, 2003, which country was invaded and occupied by the United States?
63. Who was the first African American President elected in the United States?
64. When did he become the President?
65. Who wrote the Declaration of Independence?
66. How much time does he take to write it?
67. On which date Congress voted to get independence from Great Britain?
68. When the Declaration of Independence was accepted?
69. What is the Independence Day of the country?
70. During what time should the American flag be hung at half-mast?
71. What does the red color on the flag represent?
72. What does the white color on the flag represent?
73. What does the blue color on the flag represent?
74. How many red and white stripes are there on the flag?
75. What do these thirteen stripes represent?
76. How many white stars are there in the blue field of the flag?
77. What do these stars show?
78. Which state is there on the northwestern extreme of North America?
79. Which state is in the mid-pacific ocean?
80. What are the three main branches of the U.S government?
81. What is the function of the Legislative branch?
82. What is the function of the Executive branch?
83. What is the function of the Judicial branch?
84. In which branch the President lies?
85. What are the sub-branches of the Legislative branch?
86. Who can remove the president from the office in exceptional cases?
87. What is the role of the Cabinet?
88. Who nominates the Cabinet members?
89. How many votes of the senators are required to become a cabinet member?
90. Which is the highest court in the country?
91. Where is the Supreme Court located?
92. The Supreme court is responsible for what?
93. What is an appeal to the higher court?
Do you like science subject? if yes then try this 79+ Science Trivia Questions With Answers
94. For a case to be granted review, how many justices votes are required?
95. What is the step after a case is selected for review?
96. How many total justices are there?
97. Who nominates a candidate if a new justice is needed?
98. On average for how many years justices are appointed?
99. Who is the current President of the United States?
100. When he was sworn in as the 45th President of the country?
101. Which Article of the U.S Constitution states that the President of the country must be a natural-born citizen?
102. What should be the age of the citizen?
103. What is the third condition to become the president of the country?
104. How can a citizen contact the president?
105. Who takes over the role of president if he or she is not able to perform his or her duties?
106. What are the situations in which the vice president becomes president?
107. ho is the current vice president of the country?
108. After how many years have elections for president happened in the United States?
109. What is the name of the current first lady of the United States?
110. Which Act provides the outline of the Presidential order of the successions?
111. Who works on the federal budget of the country?
112. What is the time period of the government’s fiscal year?
113. How does the government generate money?
114. What are the main government spendings?
115. What are the discretionary spendings?
116. What are the main things included in the Constitution of the United States?
117. How many total Constitutional Amendments in all?
118. When the 27th amendment was originally proposed?
119. When the amendment was ratified?
120. How many branches of the Armed Forces of the United States are there?
121. Name the Armed Force branches of the United States?
122. Which is the largest and oldest branch?
123. When the United States Air Force was established?
124. Where the National Museum of the Marine Corps is located?
125. Which National Museum of the United States is located in Washington D.C?
126. What are the other two museums in the U.S?
127. What are the three historical parks located in the United States?
127. Where the Adams National Historical Park is located?
128. Which U.S museum has collections of the African American Civil War?
129. What does the Korean War Veterans Memorial depict11?
130. Which U.S museum has the names of the 58,000 Americans who died during the Vietnam War?
131. What is the National Anthem of the United States?
132. Which poem eventually became the national anthem of the United States?
133. Who wrote the poem “Defence of Fort M’henry”?
134. Which event is celebrated on January 20 in the U.S?
135. When the Thanksgiving day is celebrated in the U.S?
136. What are the non-federal holidays?
137. Which Buddhist holiday is celebrated in the country?
138. What are the religious holidays for Muslims?
139. In how many denominations the U.S paper currency is issued?
140. Who manufacturers paper money in the U.S?
141. For how many years the war lasts?
142. What was the result of the war?
143. Which war divided the United States into two?
144. What was the duration of the War?
145. The war was between which two regions?
146. What ended slavery in the country?
147. When the Wright Brothers first tried to fly a machine in the air?
148. When did the country enter World War-I?
149. On which country did they declare war?
150. When did the women of the United States were officially granted the right to vote?
151. When was the first worst economic crisis in the United States?
152. What was the cause of this crisis?
153. The crisis resulted in what?
154. When did World War-II start?
155. When did the U.S enter this war?
156. What ended World War-II?
157. On which two cities the atomic bomb was dropped?
158. When did the U.S attack these two cities?
159. After WW-II, which country was to divide into two parts?
160. Which part of the country was given in control of the United States?
161. Who was the other party to control the Northern part of the country?
162. When did the Korean War start?
163. How long was the War?
164. Which movement was started in the Southern states during 1954-1968?
165. What was the main focus of the movement?
166 . What are the most common coin currency denominations?
167. Who manufactures and circulates coins in the U.S?
168. What is the official language in the United States?
169. Which is the most commonly used language in the country?