If you are living in California or serious to know about California then California history trivia questions and answers is the best option for you. In this post, we tried to cover the maximum and most popular trivia questions, which will be beneficial and fruitful to know.
I personally love California because of the beaches of the Pacific Ocean, which covered 900 miles of area. Also, Los Angeles considers the best Hollywood entertainment industry.
California is a state in the United States located in the Pacific region with 39.5 million population. The state is considered the hottest and driest place in the United States. The largest city in California is Los Angeles and its capital is Sacramento.
The region was first sighted by a Spanish navigator Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo in 1542. While it became a territory of the United States in 1847 after the Mexican and American wars. Agricultural and manufacturing are the leading sectors of the state and rich natural resources such as timber, natural gas, and petroleum. This post on California History Trivia questions and answers can expand your knowledge about the history of California.
California History Trivia
1. In which region of the USA the California state located?
2. Which state of the USA is most populous? And do you know the total population of that state?
3. Do you know the total area of California State in square miles?
4. Is California a state of the USA?
5. Do you know the name of the capital of California?
6. Which is the most populous city in California? What is the total population?
7. Do you know the nickname of California?
8. When did California become a state?
9. What percentage of California state covered by water?
10. Do you know the highest elevation of California?
11. Where is the lowest elevation of California located and what is the elevation value?
12. In which categories history of California is divided?
13. Which place is considered the hottest and driest place in the United States?
14. Which is the largest living tree in the world located in California?
15. What is the size of the trunk of the tree?
16. What is the name of the state’s largest mountain?
17. What was the estimated population of California when the Europeans came?
18. Name the tribes in California?
19. Why did the Franciscans come to California?
20. What are the most common nicknames of California?
California is also famous for the name ‘The Golden State’ and ‘The Grapes State’. The area of the states is 163,694 square miles of which 7737 square miles (4.7%) are covered with water.
The famous bird of the state is the California quill while Gold trout is the most famous fish in the country.
California History Timeline
21. What is the percentage of Spanish speakers in California?
22. What is the time zone format of California?
23. Do you know the USPS abbreviation for California?
24. Do you remember the ISO 3166 code for California?
25. What is the trade abbreviation of California?
26. What is the official website address of the California government?
27. Famous bird of California state?
28. Which fish is most famous in California?
29. Famous flower of California?
30. California’s economy is the world’s number one sub-national economy in the world. Do you know the worth?
31. What was discovered in 1848 at Sutter’s Mill?
32. When the California Republic was declared by American settlers?
33. How and when the Republic ended within one month?
34. Yerba Buena was the original name of which place?
35. What was the strongest factor in developing California?
36. In 1821 California was part of which country?
37. After which war California became part of the USA?
38. The California gold rush started in which year?
39. Fortress Ross was established by which country on the west coast of North America?
40. Mexican war of independence was fought in 1821. From which country Mexico got independence?
Want to know about Disney princess?: 50+ the office trivia questions and answers [Most Common]
The explorer of California is Hernan Cortes, Francisco de Ulloa, Francis Duke, and many others. Hernan Cortes discovered the Baja California Peninsula while exploring northern western Mexico.
Francisco de Ulloa explores the west Coast and Sir Francisco Drake is famous for claiming California for England.
Explorers of California Quiz
41. In 1536 who discovered the Baja California Peninsula while exploring the northern western part of Mexico?
42. The explorer of the west coast (current Mexico) Francisco de Ulloa belonged to which country?
43. When did Hernan Cortes reach the Caribbean island from Spain?
44. What is the size of ‘Baja California’?
45. On 3 May 1535, where Cortes entered with three ships?
46. Who and when California was claimed for England?
47. Who were the two most famous conquistadors?
48. When the explorer Sir Francis Drake died?
49. For what was the explorer Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo known for?
50. What was the nationality of Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo?
51. Who was the first European in California?
52. When did Sebastian Vizcaino explore California?
53. Where and when Sebastian Vizcaino died?
54. When and where the explorer Ewing Young was born?
55. What was the profession of Young before this?
56. What was the name of James Ohio Pattie’s father?
57. When did Pattie and a group of trappers move toward California?
58. In which book Pattie wrote his adventures in California?
59. Where the explorer Peter Skene Ogden was born?
60. The explorer James Pierson Beckwourth was the son of who?
Want to know about Disney princess?: 65+ literature trivia questions and answers [Most Famous]
Some more California History facts are provided in this post. The state of Oregon is in the North of California while in the East there are Nevada and Arizona states. On 10th June 1846, California was declared a Republic by the Americans however, the Mexican-American war ended the Republic.
California History Facts
61. What was the great movement led by the backers of California Sen. William M. Gwinn?
62. Where the Monterey Bay located?
63. When the contact between Europeans and California started?
64. What was the time period of the seven years war during Spain’s colonization?
65. What was created at San Jose in 1777?
66. What is the unofficial name of Alta California?
67. When did Alta California become a territory of Mexico?
68. Who was the first Spanish governor?
69. What was the time period of the First Mexican governor?
70. Who established the first Alta California mission?
71. What are Ranchos?
72. What were the primary exports of California?
73. Who was John Wilson Marshall?
74. When did Mexico gain independence from Spain?
75. When was the first legislature of California created?
76. Which Constitution refers to Alta California as ‘territory’?
77. About how many people moved to California from 1848 to 1855?
78. Who wrote the book ‘California History for Kids: Missions, Miners, and Moviemakers in the Golden State’?
79. From where the name California comes from?
80. Which state is in the north of California?
81. What the center of the state is called?
82. How many types of plants blossom in California?
83. What was the Spanish Colonial period?
84. When was the first permanent mission in Baja California was founded?
85. What Spain gained from the seven-year war between Britain and France?
California History for Kids
86. Which fruits are largely produced in the state of California?
87. Which people were discriminated against in the constitution developed in 1879?
88. What was the Chinese Exclusion Act of 1882?
89. What is the EPIC reform movement?
90. Which political party gained strength in California during the Great Depression era?
91. Why the Republican governor Earl Warren resigned in 1953?
92. Who became the new governor in 1958?
93. At which place California was ranked in 2012 based on its economy?
94. What percent of the United State’s wine grapes are produced in California?
95. On average, how many wine grapes are produced each year?
96. What is the highest temperature that often reaches Death Valley?
97. The national parks of the state are devoted to what?
98. What was the time period of the U.S. Civil War?
99. How many cities are there in the state?
100. Which Californian Constitution outlawed any form of slavery?
101. What was the average number of ships traveling to California from 1825 to 1848?
102. What was the shortcut route for getting from the East Coast to California?