Delaware is a state in the Mid-Atlantic locale of the United States, lining Maryland to its south and west; Pennsylvania to its north; and New Jersey and the Atlantic Ocean to its east. The state takes its name from the nearby Delaware River, thus, named after Thomas West, third Baron De La Warr, an English nobleman, and Virginia’s most memorable colonial lead representative.
Delaware possesses the northeastern piece of the Delmarva Peninsula and a few islands and domains inside the Delaware River. It is the second-smallest and 6th least crowded state, yet in addition, the 6th is generally thickly populated. Delaware’s largest city is Wilmington, while the state capital is Dover, the second-largest city in the state.
Here we have gathered some informative Delaware trivia questions for you to enjoy and get some information. These Delaware trivia questions will let you find out how much you know about Delaware.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE: 50+ Iowa Trivia Questions
Delaware Trivia questions
- What is the official Delaware State Flower?
- Delaware Bay is the world’s largest spawning ground for what type of marine animal?
- Delaware is bordered to the south and west by what US State?
- How many counties does Delaware have?
- How long is the State of Delaware in miles?
- What elevation is the highest point in Delaware at Ebright Azimuth?
- What is the state of Delaware’s record high temperature recorded at Millsboro on July 21, 1930?
- By the year 1810 what percentage of all blacks in the state of Delaware were free?
- What type of bird was designated as the state bird of Delaware in 1939?
- The state of Delaware is bordered to the northeast by which US State?
- The lady bug was adopted as the official state bug of Delaware in what year?
- How many bridges does Delaware have?
- What is the official state butterfly of Delaware?
- How much money did gambling at the casino at Delaware Park Racetrack provide to the state in the year 2010??
ALSO CHECK: 65+ Idaho Trivia Questions
Delaware trivia facts
15.What is Delaware’s official state tree?
- The grey fox is indigenous to Delaware, and it is estimated that it has existed for how long?
17.What is the official Delaware State fossil?
- What state shares Delaware’s northern border?
- What is Delaware’s state song?
- What is Delaware’s record low temperature recorded at Millsboro on January 17, 1893?
- The herb, sweet goldenrod (Solidago odora) was designated as the official state herb of Delaware in what year?
- Delaware is home to Dover International Speedway, also known as the Monster Mile, which hosts how many NASCAR races each year?
- Delaware was one of the 13 colonies and became the first state to ratify the US Constitution on what date?
- According to the 2010 census, the state of Delaware does not have a city with a population of over how many people?
- What are the Delaware state colors?
- Where among the US States does Delaware rank in size?
- How wide is Delaware at its narrowest in miles?
- What is the official Delaware state mineral?
ALSO CHECK: 55+ Arkansas Trivia Questions
Delaware state trivia
- According to the Census Bureau, the population of Delaware was how many people on July 1, 2013?
- How many ferries are there operating in Delaware?
- Of which of the following is Delaware the nation’s leading producer?
- How many counties are in Delaware?
- In which Delaware city did William Penn make his first landing in North America?
- Who were the first Europeans to reach Delaware?
- Which Delaware resort town bills itself as ‘the Nation’s Summer Capital’?
- What is the Kalmar Nyckel?
- In South Dover, you can visit the home of the man known as the ‘Penman of the Revolution’. Who was he?
- What branch of Protestantism was started in Delaware in 1784?
- Which Delaware city has a Little Italy?
- What sport do the Wilmington Blue Rocks play?
- One of Delaware’s nicknames is the First State. What is the other one?
- What is Delaware’s state motto?
ALSO CHECK: 50+ Minnesota trivia questions
Delaware trivia quiz
- What is the state insect?
- What is the state fish?
- What is the state beverage?
- What is Delaware’s state mineral?
- Does Delaware have state colors?
- Where is Delaware’s state fair held?
- Where is the geographic center of Delaware?
- What do most people believe is the state’s highest point?
- How many state parks are in Delaware?
- Delaware’s first capital was Newark?
- Wilmington is the largest city?
- Actress Valerie Bertinelli is from Dover.
ALSO CHECK: 65+ Utah trivia questions