New is the time at which new calendar year begins and the calendar’s year count increments by one. The different area has different traditions. In the world, the most useful calendar is a Gregorian calendar, according to this calendar every 1 January count as New Year. Different region follows different calendars, for example, the Chinese follow the lunar calendar. Islamic New Year start from the month of Muharram.
Today we crafted a complete guide for New Year in which you will read 50+ best New Year’s trivia questions which will increase your knowledge about New Year. Because in the post you will find quiz questions about different regions calendar, we also discuss different cultures most of the regions performed during New Year. New year Eve ball is one of them. So let’s take a quiz.
New Year’s Trivia
1. According to CNN which country New Year celebration is oldest?
2. Old Romans celebrate New Year on which date?
3. In 1582 which calendar mark 1 January as the New Year?
4. January derived from Janus, which means what?
5. In various part of America people eat what for good luck on New Year?
6. On the mid-night of New Year which traditional song was sung in different places in America?
7. In 1788 which Scottish poet wrote the song “Auld Lang Syne”?
8. Do you know what the meaning of “Auld Lang Syne” is?
9. The first New Year fireworks took place where and on which date?
10. At atop One Time Square the first ball dropping celebration held on which date?
Want to know about Disney princess?: christmas movie trivia questions
11. Before 2008 what was the original weight of New Year Eve ball?
12. What was the total diameter of New Year Eve ball before 2008?
New Year’s trivia questions and answers
13. In 2008 a new New Year Eve ball has been introduced, do you know the weight and diameter of that ball?
14. The famous actor Frank Lang Ella was born in Bayonne, New Jersey on which date?
15. Pennsylvanian Trembler did what on January 1, 1788?
16. What happened to Queen Victoria of Britain on January 1, 1877?
17. Netherlands Government made licenses mandatory for driving engine-powered vehicles on which date?
18. On the dismay of millions on 1 January 1945, one person said that they were not a god. Do you remember that person?
19. Cigarettes ad were banned from American television on which date?
20. On which New Year Eve Rick Nelson the great entertainer died on controversial plan crash?
21. Which team unable to pass Decca records audition on January 1, 1962?
22. What is the belief behind the eating of black-eyed peas on New Year?
23. To stick on New Year resolution Southern US beliefs in what?
24. In the US on New Year eating the pancake with butter, syrup and whipped cream indicates what?
25. Chinese new year based on which calendar?
26. What is the meaning of Rosh Hashanah in the Jewish religion?
27. Rosh Hashanah usually falls in which months?
28. In 2008 a new New Year Eve ball has been introduced, do you know the weight and diameter of that ball?
29. Cigarettes ad were banned from American television on which date?
New Year’s trivia multiple choice
30. Kwanzaa the seven day holiday celebrate between which date?
A) Between 26 December to 1 January B) Between 20 December to 1 January
31. Kwanzaa is the tradition of African American, do you know the meaning of that?
A) Its refer to first fruit B) Bulk of vegetables
32. Tibetan Buddhism celebrate New Year’s on which month?
A) In the month of February B) In the month of January
33. Ancient Persians practice giving what thing as a gift of New Year?
A) Sweets B) Eggs
34. Today which calendar mostly used worldwide?
A) Lunar B) Gregorian Colander
New year’s trivia quiz
34. According to the Lunar Calendar, what is the date of New Year?
35. Nava Varsha celebrated in a different region of India, do you know on which date they celebrate?
36. What is the name of the Iranian New Year day?
37. Balinese new year based on which Calendar?
38. On Nyepi day what were the activities of Bali people
39. Ugadi celebrate normally which region people?
40. The Hindu populations living in Maharashtra celebrate New Year in between March and April. Do you know the name of that day?
41. Sanskar Padwa a New Year day celebrate in which region of India?
42. The Chaldean-Babylonian New Year celebrated on which date?
43. The Baloch Hindu people in Pakistan and India celebrate New Year according to which Calendar?
44. The new year named Puthandu celebrate at which region of India
45. On Nyepi day what were the activities of Bali people
New Year’s trivia questions
46. Nepal follows which calendar and celebrates New Year on which date?
47. According to Islamic Calendar new year occurs in which month?
48. Earlier in the Easter style dating the New Year started on which day?
49. Before Thirteenth-century England and Germany which is style dating for New Year?
50. What was the duration year of the French Republic Calendar?
51. Malayali new year in Kerala celebrate on which date?
52. According to Nanakshali calendar, Punjabi Sikh celebrate New Year on which date?
Want to know about Disney princess?: 50+ australia trivia questions and answers
53. What is the name of Ethiopian New Year?
54. According to Islamic Calendar new year occurs in which month?
55. Earlier in the Easter style dating the New Year started on which day?
56. Before Thirteenth-century England and Germany which is style dating for New Year?
57. What was the duration year of the French Republic Calendar?
58. Which season’s festival is celebrated on the New Year?
59. When the first ever New Year’s firework displayed on the Sydney Harbor Bridge, Australia?
60. Who reformed the calendar?
61. Which civilization introduced wishing each other a happy new year?
62. On what day New Year fell in 2022?
63. Which Australian city is famous for New Year celebrations?
64. In ancient Rome on what date the new year was celebrated?
65. Which calendar marked January 1 as New Year?
66. When January 1 was marked as New Year?