Do you know what the actual story behind Valentine’s Day is? What does the Bible say about Valentine’s Day? This trivia task is going to give you an insight of this day also how people celebrate the whole week before this day.
Basically, the Feast of Saint Valentine was founded by Pope Gelasius I in AD 496 to be marked on February 14 in remembrance of Saint Valentine of Rome, who died on that date in AD 269. The day became connected with romantic love in the 14th and 15th centuries when notions of courtly love flourished, apparently by association with the “lovebirds” of early spring. This day has become a major cultural, religious, and commercial festival of romance and love in many regions of the world.
Valentine’s day trivia
1) What is the 2nd name of Valentine’s Day?
2) On which date is Valentine’s Day is celebrated?
3) In Italy, what Saint Valentine’s Keys are called which are given to lovers as well as to children to ward off epilepsy?
4) On which date the Eastern Orthodox Church celebrates Valentine’s Day?
5) What the numerous early Christian martyrs were named?
6) Where is the Shrine of St. Valentine in Whitefriar Street Carmelite Church?
7) The feast day of Saint Valentine is also given in which calendar?
8) When did the description of February 14 as an annual celebration of love appear?
9) How many roses are given for Valentine’s Day each year in the world?
10) How much of America’s red roses are grown in the state of California?
Funny Valentine’s day trivia
11) In 2002 and 2008, which country’s religious police banned the sale of all Valentine’s Day items?
12) Among whom Valentine’s Day is the most popular day for weddings?
13) Saint Valentine is the patron saint for a large part of the________ population?
14) In which country, Morozoff Ltd. introduced the holiday for the first time in 1936?
15) What the Chinese, Valentine’s Day is called?
16) In the United States, how many Valentine’s Day cards are sent each year?
17) In which country, Valentine’s Day is known as “San Valentín”?
18) Who is the director of the movie “Valentine’s Day”?
19) In which year was the American romantic comedy-drama film Valentine Day released?
20) How many wedding proposals happen on Valentine’s Day every year?
Want to know about New Jersey trivia?: 60+ New Jersey Trivia Questions You Must Know
Valentine’s day trivia fun
21) Which thing is associated with Valentine’s Day as it is considered the source of all human emotions?
22) What do Red Roses represent?
23) What is the favorite Colour Featured on Valentine’s Day?
24) Which Website came into being on Valentine’s Day?
25) In which of Shakespeare’s plays, Valentine’s Day reference is given?
26) In which country are women purchasing chocolates for men on Valentine’s Day?
27) Which human body hormone is known as the “Cuddle” Or “Love” hormone?
28) Which Monument was awarded as the best gift of Love?
29) Valentine’s Day Developed from which ancient roman festival?
30) Who invented the first Valentine’s Day box of chocolates?
Valentine’s day trivia 2019
31) What was the day of Valentine’s Day in the year 2019?
32) In the Valentine week list 2019 what was 7th Feb listed?
33) what was 10th Feb listed in the Valentine week list of 2019?
34) Which date is fixed for Chocolate Day in the Valentine’s Day list?
35) The proposed Day is fixed on February 8, what was the day on this date in the year 2019?
36) What is the fifth day mentioned in the Valentine’s Day list which is all about convincing your loved ones that you will have a lasting relationship?
37) Which day is celebrated a day before Valentine’s Day?
38) Which dates are listed as Anti-Valentine Week?
39) What is 17th Feb mentioned as in the Anti-Valentine week list of 2019?
40) What was the last day mentioned as in the Anti-Valentine week list of 2019?
Valentine’s day facts and history
41) What is the name of the son of Venus who is said to be the symbol of valentines?
42) In which year Richard Cadbury invented the first Valentine’s Day candy box?
43) The name Valentine is derived from which word?
44) In which year, England’s King Henry VII officially declared Feb. 14 the holiday of St. Valentine’s Day?
45) In what times it was considered bad luck to sign Valentine’s Day card?
46) In which Museum the oldest known Valentine’s Day card is on display?
47) Girls of which times ate bizarre foods on St. Valentine’s Day to make them dream of their future husband?
48) In 1916, who Launched its first Valentine’s Day Product?
49) What kind of movie is the 2001 film “Valentine”?
50) The son of Venus, Cupid falls in love with whom?
Want to know about Massachusetts trivia?: 60+ Very Informative and Interesting Massachusetts Trivia Questions
In 1868, the British chocolate company Cadbury created Fancy Boxes. A decorated box of chocolates in the shape of a heart for Valentine’s Day. Boxes of filled chocolates quickly became associated with the holiday.
Valentine’s day trivia 2020
51) What was Valentine’s Day in 2020?
52) Which two colors do people consider the colors of love?
53) Americans spent $20.7 billion for Valentine’s Day in 2019 and were expected to spend how much in 2020?
54) Men and women prefer which thing more than flowers on Valentine’s Day?
55) According to the National Confectioners Association, which flavor is the most popular flavor in chocolate boxes?
56) Which the state of America has 137 chocolate makers, according to the U.S. census?
57) Who wrote the oldest-known Valentine’s Day message?
58) Sweethearts production was suspended in which year?
59) The love goddess Aphrodite was said to be born from what?
60) In what country is Valentine’s Day known as “Friend’s Day?”
Valentine’s day trivia school
61) How many people typically buy Valentine’s for their pets?
62) What major invention was patented on Valentine’s Day?
63) When did Sweethearts first get their shape?
64) In Roman mythology, Cupid is the son of whom?
65) What do yellow roses symbolize?
66) Who is known as the Mother of Valentine’s Day?
67) When was February 14 first declared to be Valentine’s Day?
68) How many people typically buy Valentine’s for their pets?
69) What emperor called for St. Valentine’s execution?
70) Good Charlotte’s “My Bloody Valentine” was inspired by what story?
Want to know about Washington trivia?: 60+ Amazing Washington Trivia Questions and Answers
“Vinegar Valentines” was rude cards made to be sent anonymously to people you disliked. Some were sent as jokes or kept as funny collections but many were sent as a form of early trolling.
Valentine’s day trivia multiple choice
71) In what year is saint Valentine of Rome said to have been martyred?
72) What brain chemical is known as the “cuddle” or “love hormone?”
73) Besides Valentine’s Day, for which holiday are the most flowers sent?
a) Mother’s Day
b) Sister’s Day
c) Father’s Day
74) ________ million stems of roses are sold in the U.S. on Valentine’s Day.
a) 189 million
b) 190 million
c) 159 million
75) Which things were sent to ward off unwanted suitors?
c) Vinegar Valentines
76) Passing out Valentines is a ________year-old tradition.
a) 900 years
b) 600 years
c) 200 years
77) What is the most popular candy sold on Valentine’s Day 2020?
a) Ball- shaped Boxes of chocolate
b) Flower-shaped Boxes of chocolate
c) Heart-shaped boxes of chocolate
78) What are the main Valentine’s Day colors?
a) Yellow, Green, and Orange
b) Red, White, and Pink
c) Blue, Brown, and Gray
79) What was the first Valentine’s Day candy?
a) Sweetheart Candy
b) Wax lips
c) Charms Valentine’s Day Lollipops
80) “Vinegar Valentines” were rude cards made to be sent anonymously to people you________.