Do you know who St Patrick was? Saint Patrick was a 5th-century Romano-British Christian missionary and bishop in Ireland. The foremost patron saint of Ireland was born in Roman Britain in the fourth century into a wealthy Romano-British family.
Saint Patrick’s Day, also called the Feast of Saint Patrick, is a cultural and religious celebration held on 17 March, the traditional death date of Saint Patrick. If you are curious to know much more about this day, so this article is for you. Are you ready to learn some history about Saint Patrick’s Day?
St. Patrick’s Day trivia
1) When is the cultural and religious celebration of Saint Patrick’s Day held?
2) In which century Saint Patrick’s Day was made an official Christian feast day?
3) What is another name for Saint Patrick’s Day?
4) Why the Irish and many other countries in the world celebrate this day?
5) What type of celebrations generally involve in this day?
6) What the Christians do who belong to liturgical denominations?
7) Where does this day taken as a public holiday?
8) In which countries this day widely celebrated?
9) According to legend, what Saint Patrick used to explain the Holy Trinity to Irish pagans?
10) Which custom of Saint Patrick’s Day was historically popular?
Want to know about Space trivia?: 60+ Space Trivia Questions And Answers
St. Patrick’s Day trivia facts
11) Which plant St. Patrick used as a visual guide when explaining the Holy Trinity?
12) Where did the first St. Patrick’s Day Parade hold?
13) What is the original color of St. Patrick’s Day?
14) Which beverages widely consumed on St. Patrick’s Day?
15) What does each leaf of the clover means?
16) Which year marked the first time Chicago dyed their river green for St Patrick’s Day?
17) Which drink is one of the most popular drinks on St. Patrick’s Day?
18) What is Saint Patrick’s nickname?
19) What did the Irish prime minister, present to the U.S. president?
20) Which country has Shamrocks as the national flower/emblem?
One of the costumes of this festival is at the end of the celebrations, a shamrock is put into the bottom of a cup, which is then filled with whiskey, beer, or cider. It is then drunk as a toast to Saint Patrick, Ireland, or those present. The shamrock would either be swallowed with the drink or taken out and tossed over the shoulder for good luck.
St. Patrick’s Day trivia names
21) Which city’s name translates from Irish Gaelic into English as ‘dark pool’?
22) A type of woolly jumper was given their names by which Irish islands?
23) Where the Belfast Lough and River Lagan meet, which city stands?
24) What is another name of Dublin’s Ha’penny Bridge?
25) What is the Gaelic name for the Fairy Folk’s eternal home?
26) Which Irish saint is said to have visited America 1000 years before Columbus?
27) Which meat did an Irish stew traditionally contain, before the lamb was used?
28) What is Kissing the Blarney Stone is believed to confer?
29) Which saint is supposed to have brought Christianity to Ireland in 453 AD?
30) What did St Patrick supposedly chase out of Ireland?
St. Patrick’s Day trivia questions printable
31) ‘The city of the tribes’ is the name of which city of Ireland?
32) For the logo of Guinness which traditional musical instrument was adopted?
33) How many leaves does a shamrock have?
34) Kerry gives its name to which breed of terrier?
35) The flute was famous for playing by which Irish musician?
36) What type of creature leprechaun?
37) Which profession does the leprechaun practice?
38) What does the green color stands for, in Ireland?
39) What is the scientific name for clover?
40) In the memory of what St. Patrice’s day is celebrated?
St. Patrick’s Day trivia questions
41) What is the birth name of St Patrick which he changed to Patricius after becoming a priest?
42) What is the death date of St. Patrick?
43) Which other religious holiday often falls close to St. Patrick’s Day?
44) At which place is St. Patrick buried?
45) Which of the following foods might be served at a feast for St. Patrick? Corned beef and cabbage, roast pig, or salted cod?
46) Which city holds the parade in the street which is, according to Ripley’s, the shortest street in the world?
47) Which of these things is associated with St. Patrick? A sword, a rock, or a bell?
48) How much do people drink on St. Patrick’s Day?
49) What is the best way to make Shamrock green beer?
50) When did Lucky Charms create?
A computer graduate who has 16 years of education and 5 years of working experience in the field. I am a professional writer also and can write amazing articles in the following categories: sports, movies, and animals.