This collection of Irish trivia was produced to offer the finest quiz on Irish trivia, complete with kid-friendly Irish fun facts. We’ll discuss a few well-known Irish people during this process, as well as some of Ireland’s most important cultural occasions.
Ireland is a small island located in the Atlantic Ocean. It is part of the British Isles, along with England, Scotland, and Wales. Ireland is known for its green landscapes, as well as its rich culture and history. Some of the most famous Irish exports include Guinness beer and Irish whiskey. Ireland is also home to the world-famous Cliffs of Moher.
Leprechauns and shamrocks are frequently mentioned while discussing Irish trivia. Few people are familiar with this magnificent island’s 5 million or so inhabitants.
However, there is a tonne more to learn! The history of Ireland is among the most fascinating in the world, and its customs are among the most entertaining and engaging.
Knowing some interesting facts about Ireland provides you with so many ways to show your Irish side!
1. What is Northern Ireland?
2. What is the weather like in Ireland?
3. What is St Patrick’s Day?
4. What was invented in Ireland?
5. Which famous people come from Ireland?
Click here to read: 65+ Entertainment Trivia Questions and Answers-2022
6. What is the population of Ireland?
7. Where is Ireland?
8. What is Ireland famous for?
9. What is the capital of Ireland?
10. In which county is Bunratty Castle located in Ireland?
11. What was the name of the 1993 Steven Spielberg movie in which Northern Irish actor, Liam Neeson played the lead?
12. What is the occupation of famous Irish personality Maeve Binchy?
13. What is the name of the 1970 Eurovision winner who was also the Presidential candidate from Derry?
14. Which popular Charlton brother was the manager of the Irish football team?
15. Which Saint is said to have brought Christianity to the people of Ireland?
16. Dublin gives its name to which particular shellfish?
17. Grafton Street in Dublin City Centre is particularly famous for what?
18. The national Cathedral of the Church of Ireland is located on which street?
19. How many main rail stations are situated in Dublin?
20. What is the name of the oldest college on College Green in Ireland?
Weird Irish Trivia
21. What is the most common surname in Ireland?
22. What is the population of Ireland?
23. What is the most popular religion here?
24. What is the national dish of Ireland?
25. How long did Ireland’s great famine last?
You may try this: 90+ Amazing Rock Trivia Questions and Answers for Rock Music Fans
26. What year did the Irish Republican Army (IRA) begin?
27. What was the 1916 Easter Rising about?
28. What is Kilmainham Gaol?
29. What boozy song did The Dubliners release in 1968?
30. What was the name of Sinéad O’Connor’s 1989 global hit?
Irish trivia questions
31. What is Conor Mcgregor’s sport?
32. Which James Bond legend was born in Drogheda, Ireland, in 1953?
33. What gothic horror novel did Dublin-born Bram Stoker write?
34. What is the salmon associated with in Irish mythology?
35. Which organization did Ireland join in the year 1955?
36. What is the name that is given to the Irish Prime Minister?
37. Which Irish political party was founded in the year 1926?
38. What is the name of the building in which the Irish Parliament sits?
39. What does the position of Tanaiste signify?
40. Which year recorded the first sitting of the Irish Parliament?
41. Which group of nations did Ireland leave in the year 1949?
Irish Trivia Multiple Choice
42. Which year recorded the first sitting of the Irish Parliament?
43. Which county is the home of the Irish National Stud?
44. Who is the only Irish cyclist to have won the Tour de France?
- Sam Bennett
- Stephen Roche
- James Brown
45. Which county houses the Gowran Park racecourse?
46. At what score was the touring West Indies team bowled out for in their match against Ireland in 1969?
47. How many deliveries did Kevin O’Brien take for his century against England in their 2011 WC fixture?
48. Ireland became an Associate member of the ICC in which year?
49. Which county holds the record for the most number of Sam Maguire Cups?
50. How old was Saoirse Ronan when she earned her first-ever Oscar nomination?
- 10 years old.
- 13 years old.
- 15 years old.
51. The Oscar for Best Supporting Actress was won by which Irish actress in 1989?
- Jessie Buckley
- Saoirse Ronan
- Brenda Fricker.
Irish Movie Trivia
52. What was the first Irish movie?
53. What is the new Irish film called?
54. Which famous HBO show was filmed in Ireland?
55. What is the biggest cinema in Ireland?
You may read: 60+ Best Disney trivia questions with answers [Updated]
56. What do the Irish call movies?
57. What is the name of Ireland’s most famous Theatre?
58. What did the Vikings call the Irish?
59. What do the Irish call Ireland?
60. Who is the richest actor in Ireland?
61. Which Disney princess is Irish?
62. What Harry Potter movie was filmed in Ireland?
Don’t forget to read: 80+ Challenging Batman Trivia Questions and Answers for Super Fans of batman
63. Who is the best Irish cyclist?
Irish Team Names
There are many interesting facts about Irish names. For example, did you know that the most popular Irish name is Aidan? This name comes from the Old Irish name Aodhán, which means “little fire.” Other popular Irish names include Sean, Erin, and Conor.
Some less common Irish names are still interesting. For example, the name Niamh comes from the Old Irish name Niaomh, which means “bright.” This name is often associated with the mythological figure of the same name, who was a daughter of the sea *** Manannan.
So, whether you’re looking for a popular Irish name or a less common one, there are plenty of options to choose from. And who knows, you might even learn a bit of Irish history in the process!
- Dublin Darlings
- Bantry Bay Bunch
- Kilkenny Kickers
- Tullamore Stories
- County Clares
- River Dance Moms
- The Limericks
Also try this: 50+ Funny Golden Girls Trivia for Comedy Fans