By area and by population Texas is the second largest state of the USA. The capital of Texas in Austin and the state’s largest city is Houston. Overall Houston is the fourth-largest city in the United States.
Texas has too much diversity and shares borders with too many other states and also shares a border with some states of Mexico. i,e In the east Louisiana, northeast Arkansas, on north Oklahoma and in western New Mexico.
San Antonio is the second-most populous city of the state, the famous nickname of the state is “Lone Star State”. The reason behind this nickname is the reminder of the state’s struggle for independence from Mexico.
Spain was the first country who ruled over Texas, France also held a short live colony. Untile 1836 Mexico ruled over Texas and finally, Texas got independence from Mexico and became an independent Republic. In 1845 Texas joined the union as the 28th state of the USA.
Curious to know more about Texas? Our research team crafted 170+ trivia questions about texas, which contain questions about history of texas, geography, sports and all other categories related to Texas
Funny Texas Trivia Question
1. Is Texas is a state?
2. What is the lone star flag?
3. How many tornadoes endure by Texas per year?
4. Name the most popular snacks in Texas?
5. How many colors are there in the flag of Texas?
6. Name the colors in the flag of Texas?
7. What red color represents?
8. What white color represents?
9. What blue color represents?
10. Who was the first president to be born in Texas?
11. What is the oldest law enforcement agency in the US?
12. How many highway exists in Texas?
13. Who died at the Alamo in Texas?
14. Which state is home to the first female governor ever elected in any state. Name it?
15. In which month Texas hosts the largest and oldest rattlesnake roundup?
16. In which state, the world’s largest parking lot is?
17. What is the fourth largest city in the United States?
18. In which year Texas was admitted to the union?
19. How many miles Texas extend from north to south?
20. Which is the only natural lake found in Texas?
Want to know about Disney princess?: 90+ back to the future trivia questions and answers
Facts About Texas
21. From which name Texas is popular?
22. Where is Alamo located?
23. From where, the phrase Alamo originated?
24. Which is the state’s most popular historic site?
25. Which site is considered the Cradle of Texas liberty?
26. What is the official state shell?
27. How many nations have ruled over Texas?
28. Name the nations that have raised their flags over Texas?
29. Which state in Texas is bigger than the state of Rhode Island?
30. In which year Texas ruled as an independent nation?
31. Which is the top sheep growing area of the country?
32. Which is the oldest tree in the state?
33. What is the estimated age of the coastal live oak?
34. Who served as governor of Tennessee before coming to Texas?
35. In which year, the first offensive action of Texas revolution occur and where?
36. During the period of July 24-26, 1979, how many inches of rain recorded near Alvin, Texas?
37. Which is the only state to enter the US by treaty instead of territorial annexation?
38. Where the first declaration of Texas independence was signed?
39. In 1836, how many sites served as temporary capitals of Texas?
40. Name the five sites that served as temporary capitals of Texas?
The total area of Texas state is 268581 Sq Mi including both land and water, and according to 2019 calculation the total population of was 28,995,881. Most spoken Languages are English and Spanish, though no official language has been declared.
Fun Texas Trivia
41. US is a big country with how many states in it?
42. Which is the second biggest state?
43. Texas ranked in which number as the largest country in the world?
44. Which is the fastest growing state in the US?
45. How many feet is the Texas state Capitol taller than the US capitol?
46. Which city of Texas is home to the world’s largest urban bat colony?
47. Who invent Dr. Pepper?
48. What is Dr. Pepper?
49. Texas flag looks like similar to which country flag?
50. Is Texas is more than twice the size of Germany?
51. What is the total area of Texas?
52. Who invented the phrase ‘Don’t Mess with Texas’?
53. When did the Texas become the 28th state of the union?
54. Which country is the only town on the planet to bear the name ‘Earth’?
55. Which country has an impact of their cultural values on Texas?
56. Which language is still spoken today in Texas under the influence of culture of Germany?
57. In which towns Texas German is spoken?
58. What is the largest metro of Texas?
59. What was the highest temperature ever recorded in Texas?
60. How many cattle living in the state?
The state official bird is Northern mockingbird while Guadalupe bass is the national fish of Texas. Bluebonnet is the state flower. The people of Texas also love to play Rodeo and it is also the state official sport.
Texas Trivia Multiple Choice
61. What soft drinks was invented in Waco, Texas?
a. RC Cola b. Sprite
c. Coca-Cola d. Dr. Pepper
62. Who is the father of Texas?
a. Stephan F. Austin b. Moses Austin
c. Mirabeau b. Lamar d. Sam Houston
63. It is illegal to carry wire cutters in a pocket in Austin?
a. True b. False
64. Houston is the …………….. largest city in the US.
a. Ninth b. Second
c. Fourth d. Eighth
65. Texas was admitted to the union in ………….
a. 1854 b. 1852
c. 1845 d. 1849
66. …………….. is considered the live music capital of the world.
a. Alamo b. Austin
c. Houston d. Dallas
67. What is the state flower?
a. Rose b. Tulip
c. Bluebonnet d. Pecan
68. How many different nations’ flags have flown over Texas?
a. 5 b. 7
c. 4 d. 6
69. Lone Star State’ is the nick name of?
a. Dallas b. Houston
c. Texas d. Austin
70. …………. is the longest river in Texas. a. Rio Grande b. Brazos River c. Colorado River d. Red River
70. …………. is the longest river in Texas.
a. Rio Grande b. Brazos River
c. Colorado River d. Red River
71. What is the state motto?
a. Loyalty b. Lone star people
c. Friendship d. Sacrifice
72. First domed stadium in the US was built in ……….. in 1965.
a. Austin b. Dallas
c. Houston d. Alamo
73. Texas extends ………….. miles from north to south.
a. 600 b. 800
c. 1000 d. 700
74. Which one is only natural lake in Texas?
a. Lady Bird lake b. Lake Travis
c. Caddo lake d. Lake Water
75. Spanish explores first discovered Texas in the ……..
a. 1900s b. 1500s
c. 1600s d. 1100s
76. Dwight D. Eisenhower was the …… president to be born in Texas.
a. First b. Second
c. Third d. Fourth
67. How many colors are there in in Texas flag?
a. 2 b. 4
c. 3 d. 5
68. Alaska was the 49th state to join the union. What was Texas rank?
a. 19th b. 29th
c. 34th d. 28th
69. The first major oil well, in Texas, is where located?
a. Dallas b. Houston
c. Spindle Top d. Waco
80. Texas …………… pop rock band from Glasgow.
a. British b. Spanish
c. Scottish d. American
In central area’s the the timezone format is UTC-06:00, the timezone has little bit variation in mountain area’s. The USPS abbreviation of Texas is TX and the official website address is texas.gov.
Texas Music Trivia
81. Which city has the most live music venues per capita in US?
82. What do you know about South by Southwest (SXSW)?
83. In which year and month this festival is held?
83. Austin is home for how many bands?
84. Which is the longest running concert program. Name it?
85. Where ACL is recorded?
86. Texas have which pop rock band from Glasgow?
87. In which year this band is founded?
88. Who is the founder of this band?
89. In which year Texas made their performing debut?
90. At which university Texas made their debut?
91. Name the debut album released by the band?
92. In which year the debut album Southside is released?
93. Name the international hit debut?
94. Name the famous musician of Texas?
95. Write down some names of musical innovation of Texas pioneer?
96. Which international musician have been successful in Texas?
97. What type of liquor does Roger Creager sing about in his 1998 smash hit?
98. Who sings ‘Dancehall Dreamer’?
99. What is the official state song of Texas?
100. Who compose the official state song of Texas?
Want to know about Disney princess?: 100+ 5th grade trivia questions and answers [For Students]
Austin Texas Trivia Questions and Answers
101. Where Austin is located?
102. What are the different nick names of Austin?
103. Why Austin is said to be a live music capital of the world?
104. In which year Silicon Hills considered as a nickname of Austin and why?
105. What is the unofficial slogan of Austin?
106. What does its slogan refers?
107. Since the 19th century what Austin is known as and why?
108. Is Austin is the 11th most populous city in the US?
109. In which number Austin lie as the most populous city of Texas?
110. In which year Austin is settle?
111. In which year Austin is incorporated?
112. Which government type is follow in Austin?
113. Who is the mayor of Austin?
114. How many area of state capital city is?
115. How many companies have headquarters or regional offices in Austin?
116. Name some worldwide headquarters located in the regions of Austin?
117. How many population estimated in the year of 2018?
118. What is the time zone follow in Austin?
119. What are the area codes?
120. In which year the first American school mass shooting incident took place in Austin?
Dallas Texas Trivia Questions and Answers
121. Which is the most populous city in the US?
122. Which city is the main core of largest metropolitan area in Southern United States?
123. What is the location of Dallas?
124. Write down the nicknames of Dallas?
125. In 2018, the estimated population of Dallas is?
126. How many people is in the Dallas-Fort Worth metroplex, the fourth largest metropolitan area?
127. In which year Dallas is incorporated?
128. Who is the mayor of Dallas?
129. Name the primary airport of Dallas?
130. And what is the secondary airport of Dallas?
131. What is the commuter rail of Dallas?
132. DART stands for?
133. How many countries Dallas-Fort Worth Arlington consist of?
134. Name that 12 countries?
135. Who invent frozen margarita machine?
136. In which year the integrated circuit computer chip was invented in Dallas?
137. Dallas is home to how many professional sports teams?
138. Name the five professional sports team of Dallas?
139. Which is the no. 1 and leisure destination in Texas?
140. Who get approximately 66% votes in 2016, US presidential election?
Facts about Texas for Kids
141. Where is the origin of name “Texas”?
142. What is the meaning of word “Texas”?
143. What is the motto of this state?
144. What is the abbreviation of this state?
145. What is the capital of Texas?
146. What is the largest city of Texas?
147. Name the state’s flower?
148. What is the state’s national tree?
149. Name the state’s flying mammal?
150. Who is the father of Texas?
151. Which is the longest river in Texas?
152. How many miles of Rio Grande?
153. What is the famous pepper of Texas?
154. Name the state’s bird?
155. What is the state’s fish name?
156. What is the official insect of Texas?
157. Is Pecan (Carya illnoinensis) is the official tree of Texas?
158. What is the seventh largest state of the US?
159. Is Texas is a state?
160. Where Texas is situated?
Bad facts about Texas
161. Why there is a problem related to the food in Texas?
162. Why a person feels guilty staying at home in Texas?
163. People of Texas is not social. Why?
164. If you don’t like music you’re going to hate. Is this statement is true about Texas?
165. What people of Texas think about those who you don’t like music of their country?
166. Sky is too big. You’ll hurt your neck eventually. Is that so?
167. It is difficult to take a decision for dinner. Why?
168. How many miles Texas is from east to west?
169. And how many miles from north to south?
170. Why people hate to drive at moderate speed in Texas. Reason?
171. Why there is too much traffic jams?
172. What do you know about the summer season of Texas?
173. People treating Texas as a trashcan. Is this statement about Texas is true?
174. How Texas behave with the visitor of any other country?
175. ‘Don’t mess with Texas’ what’s a story behind this slogan?
176. Why Texas is said to be worst to live in?
177. What about health care system in Texas?
178. What about crime rates of Texas comparative to other states?
179. What about Hurricanes, and flooding in Texas?
180. How wellbeing of residents of Texas is define?