Birds belong to the warm-blooded vertebrates characterized by feathers, beaked jaws, and a strong lightweight skeleton. There are around 10,00 species of birds in the world. They lay hard-shelled eggs and have a high metabolic rate. They have wings evolved from forelimbs which gives them the ability to fly.
The study of birds is called Ornithology which means ‘birds science’. Birds are classified into different categories based on their shape, size, and nature. Some birds are famous for being peaceful and friendly like Dove while some are characterized as bold and decisive such as Eagle. Do you want to know more about birds? We have designed 70+ bird trivia quiz questions in this post which will help you to attain more interesting facts about birds in the world.
Bird Trivia Quiz
1. Birds belong to which species group?
2. What is the average size range of birds?
3. What gives birds the ability to fly?
4. How many approximate known species are there in the world?
5. Which continent is best known for bird watching?
6. How many bird species exist in the continent South America?
7. Which bird’s eggs are blue?
8. How many eggs per clutch does a robin lay?
9. Which bird has the longest lifespan?
10. What is the average lifespan of Cockatoos?
Want to know about Disney princess?: 60+ dog trivia questions and answers [Types+History]
All About Birds Quiz
11. Which is the most spectacular structure build by any bird?
12. How many birds can house in the Sociable Weaver nest?
13. What is the weight of an Ostrich’s egg?
14. How many chicken eggs are equal to one Ostrich egg?
15. How many eggs an Ostrich can lay in one year?
16. Which bird can fly backward without relying on the wind?
17. How much weight a bald eagle nest can weigh?
18. Where the yellow-bellied sapsucker is found?
19. What is the diet of the yellow-bellied sapsucker?
20. Which bird is native to New Zealand?
Gk Questions On Birds With Answers
21. Kiwi is sometimes also called as what?
22. What does RSPB stand for?
23. According to a survey conducted by RSPB, which is the most sighted bird in the UK?
24. What do the Ostriches swallow which helps them to digest the food?
25. Which bird can eat only when its head is upside down?
26. Birds are originally descended from which vertebrate class?
27. Which is the largest bird in the world?
28. Upto how much height an ostrich can reach?
29. Which is the smallest living bird in the world?
30. How small is the size of a Hummingbird egg?
The largest bird in the world is the common ostrich while the smallest one is the bee hummingbird. Do you know hummingbirds are also the bird that lays the smallest egg in the world. Their eggs are pea-sized. There are many more interesting facts about birds are provided in these multiple choice bird quiz and animal quiz questions given below.
Multiple Choice Bird Quiz
31. Which bird lays the smallest egg?
a) Hummingbird c) Cockatiels
b) Goldcrest d) Finches
32. A chicken with red earlobes produces ——— eggs.
a) Red c) Brown
b) White d) Blue
33. What is the heartbeat of a bird while resting?
a) 300 per minute c) 100 per minute
b) 400 per minute d) 200 per minute
34. The heartbeat of a bird while flying is ———-.
a) 500 beats per minute c) 1000 beats per minute
b) 100 beats per minute d) 1500 beats per minute
35. Which is the only known poisonous bird in the world?
a) Hooded Pitohui c) Bald eagle
b) Malleefowl d) Woodpecker
Want to know about Disney princess?: 90+ Hawaii trivia questions and answers [The Big Island]
Birds Quiz In Malayalam
36. What is the color of the egg of a chicken with white earlobe?
37. Which bird is the symbol of happiness?
38. Doves and pigeons belong to which family?
39. The bird ‘Korat’ belongs to which country?
40. What does a young penguin called?
Name That Bird Quiz Answers
41. Which golden eagle escaped from London zoo in 1965?
42. What is an Oology?
43. Which is the national bird of the United States?
44. The bird ‘Turkey’ originated from which country?
45. Which bird has legs but can’t walk?
46. Which animal’s eyes are larger than its brain?
47. Bird’s wings evolved from what?
48. Other than wings what other systems in birds are adapted for flight?
49. How long can a penguin jump in the air?
50. Which is the fastest bird on earth?
The more interesting information to know about birds is that in addition to the wings their digestive and respiratory system are also adapted for flight. Moreover, there are birds which can sleep while flying such as an albatross and some can fly underwater as well like Puffins. Do you know an owl’s eyes are tubular in shape and they can’t move their eyes. Know more about birds in the free bird quiz.
Animal Quiz Questions
51. Which bird can sleep while flying?
52. In ancient times what did birds symbolize?
53. Which bird is most famous for sexual selection?
54. Which is the most talkative bird in the world?
55. Which bird can not move their eyes?
56. What is the shape of an owl’s eye?
57. Which bird can fly underwater?
58. How many times a woodpecker can peck in a second?
59. Which is the only bird with a bill longer than its body?
60. Around how many species of bird are there in the world?
61. What is the study of birds called?
62. What does the word ‘Ornithology’ mean?
63. When the artificial incubation of poultry was started in China?
64. When Ornithology emerged as a scientific discipline?
65. What are the two different kinds of Ornithology?
Want to know about Disney princess?: 125+ best animal trivia questions
Free Bird Quiz
66. Where the longest feather ever was seen on a chicken?
67. A bird’s lungs composed about what part of its body?
68. Which bird has the longest bill in the world?
69. Owl lives on every continent except which one?
70. Almost how many birds are killed by cats in the continental U.S?
71. Which bird drums its beak against a tree?
72. How many ants a green woodpecker can eat in a day?
73. Which bird has most feathers?
74. Which is the most common wild bird in the world?
75. Which is the fastest swimming bird?
A computer graduate who has 16 years of education and 5 years of working experience in the field. I am a professional writer also and can write amazing articles in the following categories: sports, movies, and animals.