Massachusetts is the 6th state to join the Union. It attained statehood on February 6, 1788. The five bordering states of Massachusetts are Connecticut, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Boston is the capital city and the largest and populous city in Massachusetts. Moreover, the official name of the state is the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Furthermore, the state is home to the first American railroad, the first free American public school, and the first American public library. In addition, the top university in the world ‘Harvard’ University was the first North American university situated in Massachusetts. If you want to learn more about the official state flower, bird, reptile, song, poem and much more information regarding the state then continue reading. We have enlisted the most popular 60+ Massachusetts trivia questions to make the task easy and interesting for you.
Massachusetts Trivia Questions
1. What is the official name of Massachusetts?
2. What is the capital of Massachusetts?
3. What is the state bird?
4. What is the official nickname of the state?
5. What was the name of the state before statehood?
6. Which is the largest metro in the state?
7. How much is the total area of Massachusetts?
8. What percent of the area is covered with water?
9. What is the rank of the state based on the area?
10. What is the highest peak point in the state?
11. What is the position of the state in the population-based ranking?
12. What is the official language of the state?
13. What other languages are spoken in Massachusetts?
14. What is the state reptile?
15. Which is the state sport of Massachusetts?
Massachusetts Trivia Facts
16. When the first Thanksgiving happened in Massachusetts?
17. Where the first Thanksgiving occurred?
18. Where is the first public park in America?
19. What is the name of the park?
20. When the park built?
21. When the first basketball game played in the state?
22. Where the first basketball game played?
23. Where is the first American railroad?
24. Which is the most populous city in the state?
25. How many communities in the state have less than 1000 population?
26. How many communities in the state have more than 40,000 populations?
27. Which is the longest river in the state?
28. Which is the lowest elevation in the state?
29. How many counties does the state have?
30. Where the birth controlling pills invented?
Massachusetts History Trivia
31. Where the American Revolution began?
32. What are the two largest New England cities in Massachusetts?
33. Where the Basketball Hall of Fame located?
34. Which is the first University established in North America?
35. Where The Boston Tea Party take place every year?
36. What is the date of the celebration of the party?
37. When driving license and registration plate began in Massachusetts?
38. What does the holiday on the 3rd Monday of April in Massachusetts called?
39. How many cities are there in Massachusetts?
40. Who first vulcanized rubber in 1839?
Massachusetts Geography Trivia
41. Who invented the first sewing machine?
42. What is the official state dessert of Massachusetts?
43. What are the key cities of Massachusetts?
44. When the state was admitted to the Union?
45. What is the height of Mount Greylock?
46. Where the first Dunkin Donut made?
47. Which is Central Massachusetts Lake?
48. What is the real name of the lake?
49. What is the state song of Massachusetts?
50. What is the state poem of Massachusetts?
Massachusetts Trivia Questions
51. What is the official state flower?
52. When ‘Mayflower’ was designated as the state flower of Massachusetts?
53. Where is the first free American Public School?
54. When the first American Public Library built?
55. Who launched the first liquid-fuel rocket?
56. What is the rank of Massachusetts in getting statehood?
57. What is the abbreviation for Massachusetts?
58. Which is the biggest city in the state?
59. Where the first post office in America built?
60. What does the name ‘Massachusetts’ mean?
61. What are the five bordering states of Massachusetts?
62. Where the first subway in America built?
Also, read these 60+ Most Amazing Trivia Questions about Virginia.
A Master in Economics having over 8 years of field experience. I am also a pro blogger loves to write articles for different blogs post related to kids, Christmas, harry potter, movies, and animals.
Leave a Reply