Washington is the 42nd state to join the Union. The name of the state was given after the first President of the U.S, George Washington. It is the only state in the U.S which name is given in the name of the President of the nation. Moreover, the state ranks 18th based on area and 13th with respect to the population among other states of the country. The capital of Washington is Olympia while the largest city is Seattle. Seattle is home to the first revolving restaurant and the biggest coffee chain, Starbucks.
Furthermore, the largest online store, Amazon.com, and the wealthiest man, Microsoft’s founder Bill Gates belong to the Washington state. Learn more information about the state in the given 60+ Washington trivia questions. Hence, continue reading and you will get amazed by knowing the facts about the state.
Washington Trivia Questions
1. What is the official name of Washington?
2. For whom the name of the state was given?
3. Which state is bordered to the south of Washington?
4. What is the rank of the state based on joining the Union?
5. When the state was admitted to the Union?
6. Which city is the state capital of Washington?
7. Which is the state’s largest city?
8. What is the rank of the state based on the area?
9. What is the rank of the state based on population?
10. How much is the average population of the state?
11. In which area most of the Washington residents live?
12. What is the total area of the state?
13. What percent of the area is covered with water?
14. What is the state tree?
15. Which is the state flower?
Trivia Washington DC
16. What is the state food?
17. What is the state dance?
18. Which is the highest point in Washington?
19. How long is Mount Rainier?
20. How many national parks are there in Washington?
21. Where the first revolving restaurant built?
22. When the restaurant was built?
23. Which biggest coffee chain founded in Seattle?
24. What is the state gem of Washington?
25. How many world’s longest bridges are in Washington?
26. What is the nickname of the state?
27. What is the nickname of Seattle?
28. Which place in Washington had the most rain ever in a single day?
29. How many dams does Washington have?
30. What is Seattle’s lowest recorded temperature?
Washington DC Trivia Questions
31. When this lowest temperature was recorded?
32. What is the highest temperature recorded in Washington?
33. Where the temperature was recorded?
34. What percent of the state’s land area is covered with forest?
35. When the Mount St. Helens erupted?
36. What is the rank of Washington in producing wine among other U.S states?
37. What is Washington’s state song?
38. When the state song was made?
39. What is Washington’s state vegetable?
40. What is the primary language used in Washington?
41. Which language is mostly spoken, after English, in the state?
42. Where is headquarter of Microsoft Corporation?
43. What was the first tax levied in Washington?
44. Which tax the state does not levy?
45. Which fruit is produced more in Washington than in any other state?
Washington Capitals Trivia
46. Where is the oldest operating gas station in the United States?
47. Which is the state insect of Washington?
48. Where the world’s first soft-serve ice-cream machine located?
49. Which is the smallest city to host a World’s Fair in 1974?
50. What the residents of Washington are called?
51. When was the first settlement in Washington?
52. What does the settlement called?
53. From which territory, the Washington territory formed?
54. What are the most prominent industries of the state?
55. The largest online company, Amazon.com, based in which state of the U.S?
56. When the state ranked first in the production of red raspberries?
57. How many public airfields does Washington have?
58. How many state airports are there in Washington?
59. Which popular games were invented in Washington?
60. Which is the largest man-made Island in the U.S?
A Master in Economics having over 8 years of field experience. I am also a pro blogger loves to write articles for different blogs post related to kids, Christmas, harry potter, movies, and animals.