Virginia is a state of the U.S in the region of Mid-Atlantic and Southeast. The name of the state was given in the honor of Queen Elizabeth I of England. The official name of the state is ‘Commonwealth of Virginia’ also known as ‘the birthplace of a nation’. The capital city of the state is Richmond. The city is also famous as home to the first women-run bank in the United State. Moreover, the first successful electric street of railway transit agency ‘The Union Passenger Railway was also formed in Richmond, Virginia.
Furthermore, Virginia Beach is the most populous city of the state that is the world’s longest stretch of pleasure beach. Learn more about this U.S state in the given 60+ Virginia Trivia Questions, which will definitely help you to increase your knowledge and might also help in your studies.
Virginia Trivia Questions
1. What is the official name of Virginia?
2. In which region of the United States, Virginia is located?
3. What is the capital of Virginia?
4. Which is the most populous city of the state?
5. What was the population of Virginia in 2020?
6. What percent of the total population of the state lives in the Baltimore- Washington Metropolitan area?
7. Which is the largest metro in Virginia?
8. What is the total area of the state?
9. What is the rank of Virginia in terms of area in the list of the U.S states?
10. What is the rank of Virginia in terms of population among other U.S states?
11. What is the rank of Virginia in terms of income in the list of the U.S states?
12. What is the official language of Virginia?
13. What other languages are spoken in the state?
14. What percent of the world’s internet traffic does Virginia handle?
15. How many major Civil War battles were fought in Virginia?
West Virginia Trivia Questions
16. Which world’s largest office building is situated in Virginia?
17. When the construction of the Pentagon started?
18. Which airline crashed into the building?
19. When the plan was crashed?
20. Which is America’s most popular horse breed in Virginia?
21. Which is the oldest college building of the U.S situated in Virginia?
22. What is the rank of Virginia among the wine producers?
23. How many wineries does Virginia have?
24. When Virginia had the first Thanksgiving?
25. Which is the world’s longest stretch of pleasure beach?
26. What does Virginia also known as?
27. What is the major cash crop of Virginia?
28. How many U.S Presidents born in Virginia?
29. How many U.S President’ wives belonged to Virginia?
30. How many U.S Presidents are buried in Virginia?
Richmond Virginia Trivia Questions
31. What is the nickname of the state?
32. Which is the state tree?
33. Which is the state flower?
34. Where had the first peanut grown in the U.S?
35. When Virginia was admitted to the Union?
36. What is the state motto?
37. Which is the first successful electric street railway transit agency?
38. Where the Union Passenger Railway formed?
39. When the Union Passenger Railway formed?
40. How many capitals Virginia has had?
41. Where the Atlantic headquarter of NATO located?
42. Which is the world’s largest bridge-tunnel complex?
43. Where the world’s only oyster museum is located?
44. What does President Thomas Jefferson called his own home?
45. Who designed the Monticello?
Trivia Virginia Beach
46. What does President George Washington’s home called?
47. Where Mount Vernon is located?
48. Where Patrick Henry made his speech ‘Give me Liberty or Give me Death’?
49. Which is the highest point in Virginia?
50. What is Virginia’s state bird?
51. What percent of the state is forested, according to the state’s forestry department?
52. Which city of Virginia is home to the world-famous historic district?
53. Where did the first women-run bank start in the U.S?
54. What is the postal abbreviation of the state?
55. What are the major industries in Virginia?
56. In honor of whom, the name of the state was given?
57. What is the state’s lowest point?
58. What is the number of counties of the state?
59. Which famous basketball player belonged to Virginia?
60. Which state of the U.S is sometimes called ‘The Mother of Presidents’?
You can also enjoy reading these 60+ Georgia Trivia Questions (Geography, History, Culture, etc.)