Alaska became the 49th state of the U.S. on January 3, 1959. It is the largest state in the country with an area of 1,717,856 square kilometers. The word Alaska came from the term ‘Alyeska’ which means ‘The Green Land’. The state is also known as the Last Frontier.
Furthermore, Benny Benson designed Alaska’s flag in 1926 at the age of thirteen. Alaskans celebrate Alaska Day on October 18 every year. Moreover, there are many volcanoes, glaciers, and rivers in Alaska, which makes the state an amazing place to visit on vacations. Continue reading these Alaska Trivia questions to get more information about the state.
Alaska Trivia Questions
1. What is the capital of Alaska?
2. Which is the largest city in the state?
3. How much is the total area of the state?
4. Which is the largest U.S. state?
5. When the name ‘Alaska’ was introduced?
6. When Alaska was officially proclaimed a state?
7. When the Good Friday Earthquake occurred in Alaska?
8. How many people died in the massive earthquake?
9. How much was the magnitude of the earthquake?
10. Based on income, what is the rank of the state?
11. Which is the most spoken language in the state?
12. Who designed Alaska’s flag?
13. What does the word ‘Alyeska’ mean from which the name Alaska came?
14. When the flag of Alaska was designed?
15. What was the age of Benson when he designed the flag?
Alaska Trivia Quiz
16. When Alaska adopted into the Union?
17. Which is the state bird of Alaska?
18. What is the state sport?
19. Which is the state’s largest sporting event?
20. What percent of the total Alaska population is men?
21. How many federally registered tribes are there in Alaska?
22. What does Alaska is also known as?
23. How far is Alaska from Russia?
24. Which city in the state has the shortest and longest amount of daylight?
25. How many of the highest peaks in the U.S. are in Alaska?
26. How many volcanoes are there in the state?
27. Which is Alaska’s largest lake?
28. How many glaciers are there in Alaska?
29. On which three different seas Alaska have coastlines?
30. What percent of the state contains water?
Alaska Trivia Game
31. What percent of Alaska is covered by glaciers?
32. What are the two largest forests located in Alaska?
33. What was the highest temperature recorded in Alaska?
34. In which city and when this temperature was recorded?
35. What is the lowest temperature recorded in Alaska?
36. Who sold Alaska to the U.S.?
37. When Alaskans celebrate the Alaska Day?
38. When the strongest earthquake happened in Alaska?
39. How many of the world’s ten strongest earthquakes occurred in Alaska?
40. What is the Nick Name of Alaska?
41. What is the state motto?
42. When Outsiders first discovered Alaska?
43. What was the amount the U.S. offered to Russia for Alaska?
44. When Alaska officially became the 49th U.S state?
45. What are the state’s main source of revenue?
Alaska Trivia Questions Printable
46. What percent of the U.S oil is produced in Alaska?
47. Which is the state’s largest private industry employer?
48. Which is the official state flower?
49. Which is the official state tree?
50. Which is the official state gemstone?
51. When gold was named the state mineral?
52. After how many years Alaskans elect the Governor of the state?
53. When the Alaska Highway was built?
54. Why the highway was built?
55. When gold was discovered in the Yukon?
A Master in Economics having over 8 years of field experience. I am also a pro blogger loves to write articles for different blogs post related to kids, Christmas, harry potter, movies, and animals.