Several countries in this world were once a part of some other kingdom or bigger supremacy. However, after struggling for independence they got their own national identity and appeared on the world map as a distinct autonomous nation. For example, America got its independence from Great Britain on 4 July 1776. It was a special day in America. This was the first Independence Day in America. For many years, the British leaders ruled American colonies. They had to do what the British rulers told them to do. They could not make up their own laws.
Congress leaders wanted to change this. They wrote the Declaration of independence, explaining why America should be free from Great Britain. On July 4, 1776, the Declaration of Independence was approved by congress. America was finally free. Since then the day is celebrated as the anniversary of America’s independence. Americans started celebrating 4 July as early as 1777; the holiday was observed with feasts, 13 gun salutes, patriotic displays, explosives, and fireworks. They have many fireworks on 4 July. Many cities and towns across the country sponsor firework displays on the fourth, New York’s fireworks display is the largest in the nation. Continue reading this 4th of July trivia questions and answers for more information.
4th Of July Trivia
1. What happened on July 4, 1776?
2. What country did the American colonies declare independence from?
3. Who was the king of England when the colonies declared their Independence?
4. What year was the Declaration of Independence signed?
5. Which president first held a 4th of July celebration at the White House?
6. Independence Day was first celebrated in which city?
7. Which state was the first to make the 4th of July an official state holiday?
8. What year did the 4th of July become a federal holiday?
9. Which colony was not a part of the original 13 colonies?
10. Which country is also celebrating the 4th of July as its Independence Day?
4th Of July Game
11. What type of eating contest is held each year in New York on the 4th of July?
12. How many hot dogs do Americans eat on the 4th of July?
13. 1/3rd of all hot dogs produced in the US comes from which state?
14. What is the most common food item consumed by fans at a Major League Baseball Park?
15. What is the current record for most hot dogs eaten in 10 minutes?
Also, read these 50+ US trivia questions and answers.
4th Of July Facts
16. How many people signed the declaration of Independence?
17. Who wrote the first draft of the Declaration of Independence?
18. How old was Thomas Jefferson when he wrote the Declaration of Independence?
19. What was the estimated population of the US back in 1776?
20. On what date the Declaration of Independence officially signed by the 56 signers?
21. What were the ages of the youngest and the oldest signers?
22. Who has the largest signature on the Declaration of Independence?
23. On what important date did Thomas Jefferson and John Adams both died?
24. Who made the first American flag?
25. What do the 13 stripes on the flag of the United States represent?
4th Of July Celebrations Trivia
26. Why does America celebrate the 4th of July with fireworks?
27. Which Beach has fireworks for the 4th of July?
28. On average, how many fireworks are used on the 4th of July?
29. What do fireworks symbolize?
30. Where were the first fireworks invented?
31. Held since 1785, which parade is the oldest continuous Independence Day Celebration?
32. When were fireworks first used in an official 4th of July celebration?
33. Which display has the largest 4th of July fireworks?
34. How much money is spent on fireworks for the 4th of July?
35. How many tons of fireworks were lit on the 4th of July 2017?
36. Which department store chain has sponsored New York’s annual 4th of July firework display since1976?
4th Of July Facts and History
37. Who wrote the official national anthem “The Star-Spangled Banner”?
38. Who were the two presidents that decided the bald eagle should be the national bird?
39. What is the eagle a symbol of?
40. How many US presidents died on the 4th of July?
41. Which patriotic song was originally created to mock American soldiers?
42. How many towns in the US named Freedom?
43. How many places in the US are named Independence?
44. How old is America turning on 4th July 2021?
45. Which US president was born on Independence Day?
46. Which founding father proposed the national bird be the turkey instead of the bald eagle?
47. Who said, “give me liberty or give me death”?
4th Of July Baseball
48. Which professional sports happen every year on the 4th of July.
49. Which game is known as America’s game?
50. Why did baseball become America’s most popular game?
51. What is the most common food item consumed by fans at a Major League Baseball Park?
4th Of July Movie Trivia
52. Who directed both “Independence Day” and “The Patriot” Films?
53. How many American patriotic films have been made?
54. Which patriotic movies came out on the 4th of July?
55. Was “born on the 4th of July” based on a true story?
4th Of July 2018
56. Which state became the first to declare Independence Day as a holiday?
57. Who sewed the first US flag?
58. How much money is spent on watermelon for the 4th of July?
59. How much money is spent on chips for the 4th of July?
60. The US received the Statue of Liberty as a gift on July 4, 1884, from which country?
61. Who was the first person to sign the Declaration of Independence?
Read more 80+ Amazing Brain Blast Trivia Questions
A Master in Economics having over 8 years of field experience. I am also a pro blogger loves to write articles for different blogs post related to kids, Christmas, harry potter, movies, and animals.