Have you been searching for rock trivia that compares to the kind of music you enjoy? It is being seen by you! You must pass this awesome rock trivia test! Find out who among you is the greatest by playing classic rock games and challenging one another.
A variety of different musical genres, including R&B, country, classical, jazz, and other musical forms, have been incorporated into rock music over the years since its creation in the US in the late 1940s.
However, lyrics aren’t necessarily political; they can also be sentimental, thought-provoking, and inspirational. This genre may be considered the expression of teenage rebellion against conformity and commercialization. Rock music has brought us comfort and more, whether it was because of the Beatles or Eric Clapton. There is countless rock and roll trivia multiple choice available for this genre. Here is a fun quiz to disprove your claim that you are an expert on rock music and can answer any questions on classic or modern rock.
You certainly know a lot about the classic rock era, whether you’re a musician yourself or just like listening to the greats. You still have a lot to learn, though. For the biggest rock aficionados, here is some pop rock trivia. Your understanding of classic rock music and classic rock bands will be put to the test.
1. How many times was Linkin Park rejected by record labels?
2. Who sang Midnight Rider?
3. How many studio albums did Nirvana release?
4. Whose son became the Who’s drummer in 1996?
5. What rock star once broke into Graceland?
6. Who wrote the Eric Clapton hit I Shot the Sheriff?
7. Which androgynous musician is known for his album ‘Purple Rain’?
8. How old was Jim Morrison when he died?
9. Which hotel chain banned the Who for life?
10. Who recorded the 1973 album, titled Tres Hombres?
Click here to read: 65+ Country Music Trivia Questions And Answers
11. How many drummers have played for the famous band AC/DC?
12. Which group recorded the song Pictures of Lily in 1967?
13. What was the name of the airplane Buddy Holly last flew in?
14. Which group had a top ten hit in 1970 with Lola?
15. Which American pop-rock band was wildly popular in Japan?
16. Who once kicked Jimi Hendrix out of his band?
17. When was the first-ever album of Aerosmith released?
18. Who financed Van Halen’s first demo?
19. Which goddess inspired the Rolling Stones’ logo?
20. Who is the only member of ZZ Top who doesn’t have a beard?
Also try this: 130+ Music Trivia Questions [Modern+Old Music]
Rock Trivia Facts
21. What did MUSE stand for?
22. Who brought us the song Live Wire?
23. Which famous Queen Song is notably remembered from the movie Wayne’s World?
24. Who sang Old Time Rock & Roll?
25. Which Beatle crossed Abbey Road barefoot?
You may like this: 60+ 80’s music trivia questions and answers
26. How many encores did Elvis Presley usually give?
27. The album ‘On an Island’ was released by which pink Floyd member?
28. What is Elton John’s birth name?
29. What did Freddie Mercury die of?
30. Who played the guitar for Guns N’ Roses originally?
Hard Rock Trivia
31. When was the first-ever album of Aerosmith released?
32. Which restaurant chain is Bill Wyman’s?
33. Which band gave Eric Clapton his initial fame?
34. What was Elvis Presley’s favorite collectible?
35. Which song created the rumor that Paul McCartney died?
You may also try this: 70+ Literature Trivia Questions and Answers [Most Famous-2022]
36. How many bands have Eric Clapton been a part of?
37. Which of the Beatles members are still alive?
38. How old was George Harrison when the band Beatles broke up?
39. How many Grammys has Aerosmith bagged?
40. Who dated a 14-year-old girl while touring with Led Zeppelin?
Pop Rock Trivia
41. Why did Phil Spector go to jail?
42. What was the song ‘Yesterday’ initially titled as?
43. What was the band ‘Blondie’ named after?
44. How much did Nirvana’s first album cost to produce?
45. What caused the death of Stuart Sutcliffe?
Read Some Thing New: 65+ New Year’s Trivia Questions 
46. Which album was George Harrison’s favorite?
47. Who made it mainstream and popular to use Guitar Distortion?
48. Which music icon began his career as a member of a group called The Wailers?
49. Which music legend was sentenced to six years in prison in 1988?
50. Which hardcore-rock bad boy is known for taking ballet lessons?
80’s Rock Trivia
51. Who was the best-selling female artist of the decade?
52. What genre peaked in success between 1986 and 1990?
53. Whose debut album was called Forever Your Girl?
54. What hugely successful (to this day) song did Journey release in 1981?
55. What was the 1982 single by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson?
You may like to read: 75+ Cat Trivia Questions and Answers [All Types-2022]
56. Who was cited as the ‘Voice of the MTV Generation of the 80s’?
57. Whose 1982 Thriller album is the best-selling album of all time?
58. What was the first song to be shown on MTV when it launched in 1981?
59. Who just called to say they loved you?
60. Which British ska band sang about their ‘Baggy Trousers’?
90’s Rock Trivia Questions and Answers
61. Which riot did the Cherry Poppin’ Daddies have in the ’90s?
62. In which year was the Red-Hot Chili Peppers ‘Give It Away’ released?
63. Billy Corgan is the lead singer of which band?
64. Who is the lead singer of the hole band?
65. The Alternative rock band from Massachusetts was?
Also try : 65+ Entertainment Trivia Questions and Answers-2022
66. What was the most successful song in the 90s?
67. Who sang Save Tonight?
68. Which singer sang Torn?
69. What Would You Do was sung by which band?
70. Who sang the song Stacy’s Mom?
60’s Rock Trivia
71. Which singer performed the theme tune for the James Bond version Thunderball in 1966?
72. What is the first song by Elvis Presley to become his first U.S. Number 1 in the 60s?
73. Peter Noone was the lead singer of which band?
74. What is the debut album of Dolly Parton in 1967?
75. Which band was formed by Jack Bruce, Eric Clapton, and Ginger Baker in the 1960s?
Don’t forget to read: 100+ Back to the Future Trivia Questions and Answers [Updated-2022]
76. In 1961, which famous singer established Reprise Records?
77. Which song gave the Beatles the first number 1 hit in the U.S?
78. What is the name of the lead singer of the English rock band The Who?
79. Which female singer was known as the face of 60s country music?
80. Which band started their career as a fictional group on a sitcom?
Rock And Roll Trivia Multiple Choice
81. What was the best-selling single in the United Kingdom during the 60s?
- I Got You, Babe
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice
- She Loves You
82. In which city was the rock band the Animals formed?
- Black pool
83. Which famous music show was first launched on the BBC on 1st January 1964?
- Lock-In Beats
- Top of the Pops
- Sounds of the Sixties
84. How many albums by Cilla Black made it number one in the 1960s?
85. Which U.S rock singer had the final performance at the 1969 Woodstock festival?
- Elvis Presley
- Chubby Checker
- Jimi Hendrix
Also try this: 60+ Easy Movie Trivia Questions and Answers [Modern & Old Movies, 2022]
86. When were the Rolling Stones formed?
87. Which of the following wasn’t a Joan Jett and the Blackhearts song?
- I Love Rock’n’Roll
- Comfortably Numb
- Bad reputation
88. Which US state was Allman Brothers Band from?
89. What London neighborhood was David Bowie from?
- Elephant and Castles
90. When was Baba O’Riley by The Who released?
91. Which member of Aerosmith played the piano?
- Joe Perry
- Brad Whitford
- Steven Tyler
92. Which band is often considered the first true punk rock group?
- The Ramones
- Green Day
- Dead Kennedys
93. Which of the following Fleetwood Mac albums was released first?
- The Dance
A computer graduate who has 16 years of education and 5 years of working experience in the field. I am a professional writer also and can write amazing articles in the following categories: sports, movies, and animals.